Gracie C. McKeever is a writer/poet from the Bronx, and has been writing since the ripe old age of seven. But not until 1994 when she earned her first byline (her short story FORGIVEN published in a brand new genre fiction magazine out of Colorado) did she begin to take her talent seriously and believe she could take her writing to the next level: completing a novel. To date she has finished several novels, two poetry collections, and is proud to have joined the ranks of the e-published--a growing list of authors who have caught the "new wave of the future".
Since her first byline, Gracie's work has gone on to see exposure in various lit and art magazines and other venues. Of particular note: poetry, short stories and novel excerpts have been heard over the airwaves on KFJC's morning show, Dancing In The Fast Lane With Ann Arbor (Unbedtime Stories) out of Los Altos Hills, CA, in the Silicon Valley; articles, poetry and novel excerpts have been published in Street News ("World's Oldest Active Homeless Paper"); and she has read her poetry on Pseudo On-line Network (Street News Review).
Born and raised in New York City and living two subway-stops away from the celebrated "Bronx Bombers" (Go Yankees!), Gracie is a incontrovertible "aunt material" and shares her apartment with her cat Misty (the nieces and nephews are in the will, but the cat is not .)
Gracie can so far modestly lay claim to these awards and Honorable Mentions, though she remains ever optimistic of bigger and better things for her writing career:
• Honorable Mention, Quincy Writer's Guild Contests, 1993 and 1994 for fiction and poetry.
• Byline: 1994 Summer Poem Contest, 1997 Sense of Place Poem, and 1997 Inspirational Poem (2nd Place).
• Runner-Up 1994 Red Shoe Diaries Contest.
• Semi-Finalist 1996 Writers Network Screenplay and Fiction Competition (Miles To Go, a young adult novel).
• National Writers Association (NWA) 10th Place 1997 Novel Contest (Dancing In the Dark M/C Adult)
• Quarter-Finalist 1997 Writers Network Screenplay and Fiction Competition (Never Let You Go, M/C Adult).
- Dancing in the Dark
Gracie C. McKeeverA spoiled rich debutante is seriously injured in a reckless motorcycle accident. Will she get rid of the chip on her... More
- Flames Past
Gracie C. McKeeverSean Casey has convinced himself he's content with his blue-collar existence but at an emotional and philosophical... More